Thursday, April 13, 2017

An Ode to Spring (With Apologies to the Neighbours)

It has been quite some time since I posted. I have been hibernating for the winter. Leaving for work and coming home in the dark has been quite uninspiring. Then suddenly, with the start of Daylight Savings Time and the longer warmer days, I feel like I am waking up again. My Canada 150 tulips that survived the foraging squirrels have popped up lush and green. The grass is growing, birds are singing, and best of all the kids are outside in full force, the whole neighbourhood alive with the laughter, hoots and hollers of childhood fun.

Neighbours we practically haven't seen all winter are out visiting on the front steps. The bikes and scooters are all out. My kids got a pogo stick for Christmas and he has enjoyed bouncing around the neighbourhood.  His friend went and got one too, and now they jump around together, trying out new tricks or seeing who can stay on the longest. Last I checked they had invented a type of pogo derby--bouncing while trying to knock the other one off. Ba-dunk, ba-dunk, ba-dunk. It has a distinct sound. Turns out that it is also a sound that the neighbours can hear inside their houses! Sorry neighbours and friends; we will try to keep it between the hours of 9am and 8pm. Ba-dunk-ba-dunk!

No comments:

Post a Comment